Monitor audio from your inputs and microphones from the dedicated Audio page in MixEffect.
- Tap Audio from the MixEffect Home.
- Add the Audio panel to a Switcher Page.
Each audio source has the following interface buttons:
- Meters: Audio metering levels from -100db to 0db.
- Solo: Solo the audio for this input to the headphones by tapping on the circular headphone button. Displayed for the switcher that support solo monitoring of audio inputs, such as the ATEM Mini Extreme.
- AFV/On/Off Button: A button to turn on or off the audio source. If Audio Follows Video is supported in the source, tapping this button will display a popup menu.
- Fader Slider: Tap and drag the circle to adjust the fader gain slider.
- Quieter: Tap to lower the fader gain by -3db.
- Louder: Tap to raise the fader gain by +3db.
- Reset: Reset the fader gain to 0db.
- Settings: Tap to adjust additional audio settings.
- Video Follows Audio: If you have Video Follows Audio enabled on your switcher in MixEffect, an additional row appears below the Quieter, Louder, and Reset buttons. Long-press to change the video follows audio settings for the selected audio source.
NOTE: If you have an ATEM switcher that does not support Fairlight Audio, the following buttons will be missing from the Audio panel: Quieter, Louder, Video Follows Audio.
Additional Audio Settings
- Solo: Enable or disable solo monitoring. Available only on switchers that support solo monitoring.
- Input Gain: Set the input gain for an audio source.
- Frames Delay: Adjust the frames delay for microphone inputs.
- Equalizer: Currently, you can only adjust the Equalizer Gain setting in the Fairlight Equalizer section.
- Dynamics: Currently, you can only adjust the Make Up Gain value in the Fairlight Dynamics section.
NOTE: Switchers without Fairlight Audio support will not have sections for Equalizer and Dynamics.
If your switcher supports headphone output, you can adjust the following options:
- Mute: For those switchers that support solo monitoring.
- Master Gain
- Talkback Gain
- Sidetone Gain
Follow these steps to adjust the mixer monitor settings:
- From the MixEffect Home, tap Audio when connected to a switcher.
- Tap the ellipsis button in the upper-right corner of the Master audio panel.
- Scroll down to the Mixer Monitor section and adjust the desired control.
Switcher Audio Settings
You can configure audio settings for your switcher by going to the Switcher Settings section:
- Connect to a switcher.
- Tap Settings in the Switcher sections list.
The audio settings that you can adjust are described in the Switcher Settings section.
Video Follows Audio
If you have enabled Automations, you can activate the Video Follows Audio feature of MixEffect. This allows you to switch input sources based on changing audio levels. Visit the Video Follows Audio section for more details.
Audio Monitoring Toggle
If you are experiencing problems going to the Audio section and not seeing any activity in the audio meters, tap the button in the upper-right corner of the Audio section. This will the ATEM switcher to toggle sending audio levels to MixEffect. When the icon is filled in, audio levels should be sent to MixEffect. If the icon is outlined, audio levels are not being sent.