This section covers output options for ATEM switchers connected to MixEffect.
This section is displayed for those switchers — such as the ATEM Mini Pro, Mini Pro ISO, Mini Extreme, and Mini Extreme ISO — capable of outputting program to a live streaming service. It provides an interface to those familiar with the Live Stream tab in ATEM Software Control, but there are important differences to keep in mind.
ATEM switchers that support live streaming read in a file named
Streaming.xml on macOS or Windows computers in the following locations:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control
This file is read on each power cycle of the switcher. While the API allows you to set the current streaming service, server, and profile, there is no known API to update or import a Streaming.xml file into the ATEM switcher while it is running.
MixEffect displays those streaming services, servers, and profiles that have been imported to or manually created in MixEffect. It supports importing of an existing Streaming.xml as well as exporting of such files suitable for importing into a switcher via the ATEM Software Control desktop application.
If the currently selected service, server, or profile in the ATEM switcher does not exist in MixEffect, a placeholder entry will be displayed but it cannot be selected if you change the service.
On the flip side, if you select a service, server, or profile in MixEffect that does not exist in the Streaming.xml file loaded into memory on the ATEM switcher, ATEM Software Control will display blank lines in the Live Stream tab in Output. The ATEM is still configured to live stream to what you set in MixEffect, there is just no visual indication.
Live Stream Options
- Status: Displays the current streaming status, such as Off, Connecting, and On Air.
- Time: If streaming, this displays the duration of the current stream.
- Data Rate and Cache: If streaming, this displays the current data rate in Mb/sec and the current percentage of cache used.
- Service: Choose the streaming service to use (e.g. YouTube, Twitch, or Vimeo).
- Server: Choose a server associated with the selected Streaming service. MixEffect will display the user-facing name alongside the RTMP server URL. You can set a default server to be selected whenever a service is chosen.
- Stream Key: MixEffect allows you to store a stream key for each server. When a server is selected and has a stream key defined, it will be entered automatically for you. Otherwise, the stream key will be cleared out.
- Quality: Choose the quality of the stream. The HyperDeck options are automatically added to the top of the list. You can create additional quality profiles and set a certain profile as the default for the service.
- Off and On Air: Buttons to go On Air and to turn off the stream.
- Show Streaming Indicator: Displays a small red indicator at the top of the screen when you are streaming.
- Edit Streaming Services: Brings up MixEffect’s list of streaming services. This feature is disabled when streaming is active.
Using Default Servers and Profiles
MixEffect allows you to set a server and profile as default for their service. When you choose a service, the server and profile are automatically set for you. You no longer have to dig around for the correct server to stream to, nor have to change the quality setting each time.
This section controls the settings that instruct the ATEM switcher to record your program output to SSD drives connected to the ATEM Switcher.
- Filename: Set the base filename for each recording.
- Drive 1: Select the drive to record to. The amount of available recording time is listed below the name in days:hours:minutes.
- Drive 2: If another drive is available, this menu lets you choose it. The amount of available recording time is listed below the name in days:hours:minutes.
- Record in all Cameras: If you have Blackmagic Pocket Cinema cameras attached to the ATEM switcher, this option will cause the cameras to start recording when you press Record.
- ISO Record All Inputs: On ATEM models that support ISO records, namely the Mini Pro ISO and Mini Extreme ISO, this option will cause ISOs to be recorded from each camera and mic input.
- Switch: If you have multiple drives attached, tapping this button will switch recording from one drive to the other. This button is disabled when nothing is being recorded or if only one drive is connected to the switcher.
- Stop: Stops the current recording. This button is disabled when nothing is being recorded.
- Record: Starts a recording. This button is disabled if no drives are connected or if there is an error with the drives.
- Show Recording Indicator: Displays a recording indicator at the top of the screen when recording is active.
Allows you to capture the current program output as a still image in your Media Pool.
The Capture Still button is only available if there is an empty still slot in your Media Pool. If all slots are being used, the button will be grayed out and disabled.
Set the timecode for the connected switcher using either the current time or starting from a pre-set value.
NOTE: The updating of the timecode is a little slow with regards to the number of frames. The timecode should be accurate to the second with what is displayed in ATEM Software Control on macOS or Windows.