Panels and Buttons
Here is a list of panels and their associated buttons that are available throughout MixEffect:
The Audio panel shows all audio sources coming into your ATEM switcher.
- AFV: Tap to turn on Audio Follow Video or turn the audio source on or off.
- Edit: Tap to access additional audio settings for the source, such as frame delay, equalizer, dynamics, etc.
- Fader Gain: Tap and drag the white circle to adjust the fader gain for the audio source.
- Quieter: Lowers the fader gain by -3dB.
- Louder: Raises the fader gain by +3dB.
- Reset Fader Gain: Sets the fader gain to 0dB.
- Video Follows Audio: If you have enabled Video Follows Audio, additional controls will be available. Long-press to change settings.
If you have an ATEM switcher that does not support Fairlight Audio, the following buttons will be missing from the Audio panel: Quieter, Louder, Video Follows Audio.
The Auxiliary panel displays a cross point interface for setting your auxiliary outputs and inputs. The top row of buttons lists all of your aux outputs, with the selected aux highlighted in red. Below is a list of buttons representing possible inputs for the aux output. Tap on one of these buttons to change input for the selected aux output.
A panel to control cameras connected to your inputs. Displays tally information and allows you to initiate autofocus on connected cameras.
NOTE: MixEffect 1.0.6 has removed support for this panel on non-ATEM Mini switchers due to a potential crashing bug when initiating autofocus of SDI cameras. See the section on Camera Control for more details.
A panel containing many useful buttons. Suitable for use on devices with smaller screens.
- Program: Tap to display all sources that can be set to the program bus. Choose an item to set the program source.
- Preview: Tap to display all sources that can be set to the preview bus. Choose an item to set the preview source.
- Aux1: Set the output of the Auxiliary 1 output.
- Transition: Displays a picker for choosing the current transition style (e.g. Mix, Dip, Wipe, Sting, or DVE). Long-press to display the editing sheet for the current transition. PRO
- Macros: See Macros section.
- Transition Preview: Turns on Preview Transition.
- Cut: Performs a cut operation.
- Auto: Performs an auto transition.
- Transition Rate
A panel to control the downstream keyers of the ATEM switcher.
- Transition Rate
- On Air: Toggles the selected DSK.
- Auto: Performs an auto transition of the downstream keyer.
- Edit: Opens the editing sheet for the selected DSK. PRO
A virtual transition lever for manually controlling the transition between program and preview buses.
If you run MixEffect on a device that supports haptic feedback, you will be able to feel when you tap and swipe the controller.
NOTE: If you use MixEffect on an iPad with a connected pointing device, you have to keep the cursor on the circular transition lever as you drag it. It is recommended that you use your finger instead of a mouse or trackpad.
Fade To Black
A panel for controlling the fade to black transition.
- Transition Rate
- FTB: Fades the output to black according to the transition rate. Long-press on the button to set the Audio Follows Video setting.
An advanced panel for adjusting the flying key settings of the switcher’s upstream keyers.
- Keyers: Tap a keyer to change its settings. The selected keyer will be highlighted in green.
- Keyer Type: Choose the type of keyer to use from Luma, Chroma, Pattern, or DVE. The selected type will be highlighted in yellow.
- Run to A: Runs the flying key to the position defined by the stored A key frame.
- Run to B: Runs the flying key to the position defined by the stored B key frame.
- Run to Full: Expands the flying key frame to 100%.
- Run to Infinite: The next set of buttons moves the key frame off-screen according to the following moves:
- Center of Key
- Top Left
- Top Center
- Top Right
- Middle Left
- Middle Center
- Middle Right
- Bottom Left
- Bottom Center
- Bottom Right
- Rate: Adjust the rate of the flying key movement.
- Set A: Sets the current position of the key frame to the stored A slot.
- Set B: Sets the current position of the key frame to the stored B slot.
- Edit: Opens the upstream keyer editing sheet.
There are two panels that you can add to your Switcher Pages.
This panel displays all connected HyperDecks in their own separate panel. If you only have one HyperDeck, only one will be displayed, but if you have four HyperDecks, all for will be displayed in a grid format.
This panel displays all connected HyperDecks in a single panel. A picker at the top of the panel allows you to switch between each HyperDeck. Furthermore, the status of each HyperDeck is displayed above each HyperDeck picker.
A panel that displays a list of all available macros on the ATEM switcher, or a filtered list depending on the current macro search query.
- Macros: Long-press to reveal a context menu where you can create a new macro or replace an existing one. Tap to bring up the Macros sheet view, where you can change the sort and display settings and filter your macros. PRO.
A panel that displays all of the media players associated with the ATEM switcher. You can long press to assign a still or clip to the media player.
If a clip is assigned, you can use the controls to control playback of the clip:
- Beginning: Jump to the beginning of the clip.
- Play: Play the clip from the current frame.
- Previous Frame: Move back one frame in the clip.
- Next Frame: Move forward one frame in the clip.
- Loop: Loop playback.
This panel controls the upstream keyers on the ATEM switcher.
- On Air
- Key 1-4: Maps to the upstream keyers of the ATEM switcher. Long-pressing the Key button will display a context menu, allowing you to change the keyer style (Luma, Chroma, Pattern, or DVE). You can also adjust the keyer settings by choosing USK Settings from the context menu. PRO
These buttons are associated with the Live Stream and Record Stream features of the ATEM Mini line of ATEM switchers.
- Switch: If multiple disks are mounted on the ATEM switcher, tapping this button will switch recording to the other disk.
- Stop: Stops the current recording.
- Record: Starts a new recording. Long-press to open a sheet containing recording details.
- Off: Turns off the stream if it is currently active.
- Start: Turns on the stream. Long-press to open a sheet containing stream details.
This panel lists all sources that you can place on the preview bus.
This panel lists all sources that you can place on the program bus.
Program / Preview
This panel combines both the Program and Preview panel into one panel. Use this to maximize space in your switcher page.
When performing an Auto transition on ATEM switchers, the physical hardware and ATEM software control will preview source will be colored in red. In MixEffect, however, the preview source will be highlighted in yellow. This is done so you can tell which source is currently on Preview and which is on Program. At the conclusion of the transition, the color will return to the familiar red and green.
For Color sources, you can long-press the button to display the Color Generators sheet.
Long-press on a media player source to display a list of clips and stills. Choose one of the items, and it will be assigned to the media player.
Change the Fill Source for the selected transition, downstream keyer, or upstream keyer. When modifying the sources for the upstream keyers, only the currently selected keyer will be active.
Displays all of the SuperSource preset layouts in MixEffect. Tap to change your SuperSource layout. Tap Find to filter your layouts by name or notes. Tap Open SuperSource to reveal the SuperSource section.
A crosspoint selector interface for setting your SuperSource box sources.
If your switcher has more than one SuperSource, a SuperSource selector will also appear in this panel. Note that selecting a SuperSource from this panel will cause it to become the active SuperSource in your switcher.
A panel to adjust the current transition and perform cut and auto transitions.
- Mix: Sets the current transition style to Mix. Long-press to bring up the Mix transition editing sheet.
- Dip: Sets the current transition style to Dip. Long-press to bring up the Dip transition editing sheet.
- Wipe: Sets the current transition style to Wipe. Long-press to bring up the Wipe transition editing sheet.
- Sting: Sets the current transition style to Sting. Long-press to bring up the Sting transition editing sheet. This feature is not available on all ATEM switchers.
- DVE: Sets the current transition style to DVE. Long-press to bring up the DVE transition editing sheet.
- Transition Preview: Turns on transition preview mode, where you can view your transitions before posting them
- Cut: Performs a cut between the program and preview buses.
- Auto: Performs an auto transition between the program and preview buses.
- Transition Rate
This button changes the rate of the currently selected transition (Wipe, Dip, Mix, and DVE), DSK, or the Fade to Black control.
Tapping it will display the Transition Rate picker, which will allow you to change the rate of the transition using a wheel picker.
The number of seconds and frames will be displayed below the wheel picker.