This is the documentation for MixEffect and MixEffect Pro, the professional tool for controlling Blackmagic ATEM switchers from your iPhone or iPad.
Learn how you can manage your live productions confidently with MixEffect!
Table of Contents
MixEffect requires the following:
- iOS or iPadOS 14.1 or higher.
- Blackmagic ATEM Switcher running version 8.3 or higher.
NOTE: Apple Silicon Macs can run MixEffect, but support is only given for use on iOS and iPad OS. Read the compatibility section for a list of known issues running MixEffect on Apple Silicon.
The welcome screen will present itself the first time you run MixEffect. Tap Take the Tour to view a high-level overview of the features in MixEffect and MixEffect Pro.
When you install MixEffect on a new iOS device, you will want to connect it to your ATEM switcher.
- Open MixEffect.
- Tap the + button.
- Choose New Switcher.
- A list of switchers available on the network will appear below the Notes section in the view that appears. Tap on a switcher to pre-populate the name and IP address fields.
- Set a custom name for your switcher. If you use the same ATEM switcher in different locations, you may want to create two Switcher Connection entries for the same switcher. For instance, one could be called
ATEM Mini Pro (Home)and the other
ATEM Mini Pro (Studio).
- If necessary, enter or update the IP address for the switcher. This is the same address you use with Blackmagic’s Atem Software Control application for macOS or Windows.
- Tap Connect. When connected, the ATEM symbol image will change to the image of your ATEM switcher.
- Tap Back or tap the switcher image to go directly to the switcher control section.
Once connected, you will see a list of available features in the MixEffect Home screen.
Here is an overview of the main features of MixEffect:
- Docs Home
- Panels and Buttons
- Upstream Keyers
- Downstream Keyers
- Color Generators
- Camera Control
- Remote Webview
- Switcher Settings
- Video Follows Audio
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- MixEffect Settings
- ATEM Simulator
- Connection Help
NOTE: Not all features are available on all ATEM switchers. Refer to your ATEM switcher to see if a feature above is supported.
Turn on App Store auto-updating so you always have the latest version of MixEffect for your device. Whenever MixEffect is updated, a green banner will appear at the top of the application. Tap on the MixEffect X.Y.Z Release Notes button to display information about the new features, changes, and bug fixes in the release.
For technical support not covered in this documentation, follow these steps:
- Go to the MixEffect Home.
- Tap Settings (gear icon) in the upper-left.
- Scroll down to the Contact section.
- Tap Send Feedback.
- Enter your support inquiry.
- Tap Send.
Troubleshooting and Known Issues
For frequently asked questions about MixEffect, please visit the Troubleshooting section of the MixEffect Documentation.
Visit the MixEffect Release Notes Archive here.